Normally, you do not need to bootstrap T.Brother. Instead, run it normally and join it to the cluster from T.Lion.
Log into the T.Brother server with SSH and take the following steps:
- Run the following command to confirm that the T.Brother server is not bootstrapping:
GALERA saved state version: 2.1 uuid:8bcf4a34-aedb-14e5-bcc3-d3e36277729f seqno:-1 safe_to_bootstrap: 0
If the safe_to_bootstrap value is 0 for the T.Brother server, then you can safely proceed.
- Start the MySQL service using the following command after performing bootstrap on T.Lion:
If the command fails, take the steps from Troubleshooting before you continue. Please note that bootstrapping a node that was not the last online or a node with the wrong UID will cause data from the last UUID to be lost.
- Check the MySQL status by running the following command:
service mysql status
Confirm that MySQL is active and running.
- Access MySQL using the following command:
If you didn't set a password for MySQL, then simply run the following:
- Find out if the node is synced by running the following command:
SHOW STATUS LIKE 'wsrep_local_state_comment';
Confirm that the result is "synced". If it isn’t, keep checking until this status is returned. It can take several minutes.
- Normally, you don't need to start T.Brother services; they are intended to be system-managed. The tasstad service will start those services only if the T.Brother server s in a MASTER state. Run the following command to see if that is the case:
If the output says the status is MASTER, then the tasstad service is already running.
If the status is BACKUP, start the tasstad service as described above in the steps for the T.Lion server.
- Run the following command to check the status of the keepalived service:
service keepalived status
If the service is running, you can proceed; in this case, the output will look like this:
If the service is not running, start it using the following commands:
service keepalived stop service keepalived start
- Verify the status of the communication service by checking the server log of tasstad output.
- Exit the SSH session.