T.Lion works on Debian GNU/Linux 9 “Stretch” (x86 or x64). The operating system is installed and configured by the customer.
Support for Debian 10 “Buster” is planned in the future versions of T.Lion. In the meanwhile, you can use Long Term Support (LTS) version.
Refer to Debian Installation Guide for detailed deployment instructions, along with downloadable files. Consider the following guidelines:
- Choose Guided - use entire disk partitioning method and All files in one partition (a single
homedirectories) partitioning scheme.
Alternative partitioning may result in free space issues.
- Do not install a desktop environment. It consumes resources and can lead to server instability.
- Linux Kernel Security (SElinux or AppArmor) must be disabled or set to permissive mode.
We do not recommend installing any feature updates (except for security patches) or additional software packages on T.Lion servers.
- SSH server.
- Standard system utilities.
- BASH version 4 or later is recommended.
All T.Lion / T.Brother servers should work in the same time zone and their time must be synchronized. Verify the configuration by executing
$ date Mon Jan 12 22:59:24 UTC 2020
To change the time zone, for example from UTC to Pacific time, run:
$ rm /etc/localtime $ ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Pacific localtime
Configure NTP client for each host to avoid time drift. To immediately sync a server’s time with a time server, run:
$ ntpdate -u [NTP server, e.g europe.pool.ntp.org]