Installing from APK
T.Flex Android can be easily deployed on any number of devices where installing from Google Play is not an option for any reason. Depending on how you decide to organize installation on such devices, you may choose to perform it locally on each device or centrally from a host computer.
Before you install the standalone T.Flex APK, make sure installation from both trusted and unknown sources is enabled on the device. On Android, the exact procedure for enabling this varies from version to version. The relevant option to install software from unknown sources should be in the security-related system settings.
Use a browser on the device to download the T.Flex Android distribution from https://tassta.com/download. Next, proceed with the installation.
To install the APK
- Tap the downloaded tassta-*.*.*.apk file. The installer asks for permission to proceed with the installation.
- Tap the INSTALL button to continue.
- Follow the instructions. After a quick installation process, an "APP INSTALLED" notice is shown.
- Tap DONE to complete the installation or OPEN to launch the app.
Remote installation using ADB
In some situations, the preferred installation method is to use the Android Debug Bridge (adb) utility in USB debugging mode.
Before you perform this kind of installation, make sure Developer mode is turned on and USB debugging is enabled on the device. For details about setting up ADB and enabling USB debugging, see the ADB documentation.
On the host where you run ADB, use a browser to download the T.Flex Android distribution from https://tassta.com/download. Next, proceed with the installation.
To install the APK
- Confirm that USB debugging is enabled on the Android device and connect the device to the host.
- Use ADB commands to perform the remote installation. Example:
adb devices -l
adb install -r -d "tasstaPTT-5.5.28.apk"
For more information about the ADB syntax, see the ADB documentation.